|Visualization of the polyhedra whose vertices have repelled eachother on the surface of a sphere, until their positions have stabilized. The remaining polyhedra, with an integral number of vertices, are NOT regular polyhedra.|
Jul 3, 2013 15:46:59|
|OS||Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Mac OS|
click for full size
More author software:
- Automaton Lab 3D Quantum 1.0 The automata which are modeled in this application are composed of a set of spheres whose size and axis are relative to one another, and where each sphere is rolling upon the surface of one other sphere in a fully deterministic pattern.
- Automaton Lab 3D 1.0 The automata which are modeled in this application are composed of a set of spheres whose size and axis are relative to one another, and where each sphere is rolling upon the surface of one other sphere in a fully deterministic pattern.
|Show all author software|
Visualization of the polyhedra whose vertices have repelled eachother on the surface of a sphere, until their positions have stabilized. The simplest such polyhedron has 4 vertices, and naturally becomes a tetrahedron. The remaining polyhedra, with an integral number of vertices, are NOT regular polyhedra. I call them "quantum hulls" because they are all convex hulls with triangular faces, and the number of vertices is quantized.
When the consecutive polyhedra are made to be concentric, with the tetrahedron being the innermost hull, and each hull is able to rotate freely about its center, then it is interesting to see the dynamics that occur when the vertices of each hull attract or repel the vertices of the adjacent, outer concentric hull. By rotating the innermost hull, all outer hulls are affected in turn, and their orientations change to find the lowest energy state, where the repulsive or attractive forces are minimized.
game, strategy, tiling, territory, control, conquest, surround, Go, Hex, Y, Havannah, TwixT, PuNCT, math, mathematics
| Free Download Quantum Hulls 1.0 from atomicconceptssoftware.appspot.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- Risky Wars 1.1.1 Risky Wars is a highly challenging world domination game experience of strategy, risk and conquest. Round by round players reinforce, attack and fortify territories, struggling for
|Find all software similar on Quantum Hulls 1.0|
- New DTS surround encoders leverage OS X, Xserve Digital Theater Systems Inc. (DTS) on Wednesday announced the availability of two new audio software encoders aimed at audio professionals creating multi-channel soundtracks for DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and 5.1 CDs: the Pro Series 6.1 Surround Encoder, a stan
- Shuttle launch 'a go' after tile repaired NASA will go ahead withthe first space shuttle mission since the 2003 Columbiadisaster after fixing damage to a heat-resistant tile on theshuttle Discovery, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
|Find all news similar on Quantum Hulls 1.0|