Steel Usb Sentry controls usage of portable storage media such as iPods, USB Sticks, Usb hard drives. Network USB sentry effectively prevents users from introducing malicious programs, pirated softwares and other un-authorized data in the network.
Description: Steel Usb Sentry offers an simple yet effective control of portable media usage in the corporate network. It helps in preventing data theft and cyber crime possibilities through misuse of corporate data. Steel Usb Sentry effectively keeps a tight control of the portable media usage by preventing the users from copying confidential data from their workstations.
Steel Usb Sentry actively prevents users from using portable medias such as
* Pen drives, Flash drives, Usb sticks
* Mp3 players
* Portable hard drives
* Memory cards, Compact flash cards, Digital camera storages
* Any medium which can be used as an storage device
Steel Usb sentry effectively prevents users from introducing malicious programs, pirated softwares and other unwanted data like un-authorized audio and video files from getting in to the networked workstations either intentionally or accidentally.
Steel Usb Sentry helps in :
1. Preventing data theft and data infiltration through un-authorized media.
2. Preventing introduction of malicious and un-authorized softwares, media files in to the network.
3. Keeping the control of who uses the portable drives with the administrator.
4. Real time information about files being copied in and out of the portable media in stealth mode.
5. Log the activity of portable media like USB drives, Memory card usage
GFI EndPointSecurity 2009 Control use of portable storage devices, such as USB drives, iPods and PDAs on your network, preventing users from taking confidential data or introducing malware to your network
AccessPatrol 22.214.171.124 AccessPatrol provides a proactive solution for securing endpoints (USBs, CDs/DVDs, BlueTooth, WiFi, iPods, MP3s) to prevent illicit transfer of data to unauthorized devices
Security risks of iPods and USB flash drives High-tech consumer devices, such as Apple's iPod, present a serious security risk in the workplace, according to a new report from Gartner, being used not only to download confidential data, but also to introduce a virus into the company network.