Data Destroyer 14.92 A program for secure file deletion which destroys (by overwriting) data in multiple files and multiple folders so that the data cannot be recovered. Single-file or batch-mode operation. Can wipe deleted files and files in the Windows 7 Recycle Bin.
Cryptosystem ME6 12.12 Windows software for encryption and decryption of single files or multiple files in a single operation for secure storage or secure transmission. It uses a 500-bit key for security, and has features designed to minimize the chances of user error.
(a) A structure of cells, such as the squares on a chess board.
(b) A set of values or "states" such that each cell is associated with a particular state.
(c) A set of rules describing how one state of the system (a particular configuration of cells in specific states) is to be transformed or converted to another state of the system.
This is software for exploring five cellular automata, as follows:
1. An extended version of Conway's Life, called q-state Life.
2. A simulation of the Belousov-Zhabotinsky chemical reaction in which, beginning from a random state of the system, spirals and curlicues "spontaneously" emerge.
3. A process called Togetherness in which cells with random states move so as to maximize the number of neighbors of each cell in the same state as that cell (or, thought of in another way, in which the cells rearrange themselves so as to form maximal clusters of cells all having the same state).
4. Viral Replication, a simulation of a population of dividing cells subject to viral infection.
5. Diffusion-Limited Aggregation, illustrating a process in which particles diffuse (moving randomly) and aggregate to form a fractal structure.
The documentation provides a complete description of the algorithms used.
CellFighter 2.03 An amusing extension of the Game of Life: fidgety swarms of tiny critters wage a war against each other, and you takes part in this battle in real time as a commander of your own
CellFighter Game 2.5 An amusing extension of the Game of Life: fidgety swarms of tiny critters wage a war against each other, and you takes part in this battle in real time as a commander of your own
FEC Weighs Limited Internet Activity Rules The Federal Election Commission took its first step Thursday in extending campaign finance controls to political activity on the Internet, asking for public input on limited regulations for the freewheeling medium.
Microsoft: DoS Bug Not Limited To Windows XP A bug in Windows that went public last week may be worse than originally thought, Microsoft advises, and one security analyst fears that the vulnerability may soon be found to cause more severe problems for Windows users.