|EarthWatch displays a graphical world clock with a dynamic map image of the world showing the day and night areas, a sundial, and an information panel featuring sunrise/sunset times and much more -- all in real-time or time-lapse animation.|
Sep 13, 2011 19:57:36|
16 ( -2 -12.5% )|
|OS||Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows CE|
click for full size
EarthWatch (for Windows) displays a graphical world clock with dynamic map image of the world showing the day and night areas, a sundial, and an almanac information panel featuring sunrise/sunset times and much more -- all in real-time or time-lapse animation.
EarthWatch is informative, educational, and beautiful, and includes the following features:
* Option to choose from two map types: political or natural.
* Graphical presentation of the day and night areas of the earth.
* Selection of any date from the year -4000 to + 4000.
* Comparison of sunrise/sunset times with those of the previous day.
* Display of the lat/long coordinates and names of major cities as you move the cursor over the map.
* Sunrise and sunset times for the specified location and date.
* Current northern and southern hemisphere seasons for the date selected.
* Number of days until the beginning of the next season for the date selected.
* Option to overlay on the map the world time zone boundaries and the local hour in each for the date/time selected.
* Option to show the sun on the map where it is at the zenith.
* Option to overlay the analemma (sun's apparent annual track) on the map image.
* Option to show the moon on the map where it is at the zenith.
* Age and phase of the moon for the date selected.
* Option to overlay major lat/long, Arctic and Antarctic circle, and Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn lines on the map.
* Option to highlight the locations of some 350 major cities on the map.
* An "animation" option, displaying a "time-lapse" mode with pre-settable time step increments, ranging from any fraction of an hour to 100 years, either forward or backward in time.
* Option to show a sundial with corrections for longitude, daylight savings time, and the equation of time.
* An online help feature with index and hyperlinks.
* Any EarthWatch setup may be saved in a configuration file and later restored by opening the file.
time zone, time, almanac, clock, solstices, world clock, sundial, timezone, map, earth, earthwatch, seasons, chronometer, chronograph, shareware, equinoxes, ephemeris, astronomy, world
Windows system 100 MHz or more.
Windows version. Added animation, sundial, & more.
| Freeware alternatives EarthWatch 4.01|
| Free Download EarthWatch 4.01 from elanware.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- Anuko World Clock 5.8.1 World Clock download replaces Windows system clock with a multiple time zone clock, utilizing skins, alarms, and double-click actions for each timezone. A taskbar utility for
- Time Zone Map 2.5.2 Provides local time and date for locations worldwide with accurate adjustments for daylight savings time. Runs on your laptop or desktop and lists locations by the City name for
|Find all software similar on EarthWatch 4.01|
- Scientists Map Potential Tsunami Zones A computer model that can predict the impact of a tsunami from the San Francisco Bay area to Alaska is helping scientists plot danger zones in coastal cities to guide emergency planning.
- Review: Phone-Based Time Clock Works Many new cell phones come so tricked out with extra features that devising reasons to use them all can be quite a chore. So it was a pleasant surprise to encounter a simple new tool for Verizon Wireless phones called Timecard that actually enhances
|Find all news similar on EarthWatch 4.01|