|OmniAudit automatically and transparently tracks changes to data in any column of any table in your Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008 databases. OmniAudit generates triggers to create audit trail data for the tables and columns you select.|
Jan 19, 2013 14:04:16|
|OS||Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista|
More author software:
- OmniView 2.3 Use OmniView to speed through SQL Server or MSDE databases. Examine, add, edit, or delete data using a spreadsheet interface, or create queries with a simple point-and-click interface. All without writing any SQL statements.
|Show all author software|
OmniAudit automatically and transparently tracks changes to data in any column of any table in your Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008 databases. Simply select the tables and columns you want to audit, and OmniAudit does everything for you. OmniAudit captures changes regardless of the application used to change the data: a commercial software package, an in-house application, or even the native tools provided with SQL Server such as Query Analyzer…OmniAudit catches it all and records what data was changed and who changed it.
OmniAudit not only captures before and after values for each changed column, but also identifies: the user, date and time, the workstation used, and the application used to make the change.
You decide which tables and columns to audit; OmniAudit automatically generates triggers to maintain an audit trail of all inserts, updates, and deletes made to that data. OmniAudit is a completely server-side solution which requires no modifications to any client software.
Data auditing can be valuable to an IT organization in a number of ways:
* Database administrators can more easily troubleshoot and track down the origin of data corruption.
* Organizations with internal or regulatory requirements for following the history of data can do so easily, even if their software doesn't already handle this requirement.
* Software developers can more easily develop and debug applications by tracing how data gets changed by any particular function of the software. Find unintentional side-effects faster and easier.
* Quality Assurance functions can validate data altering features more quickly and with greater accuracy.
Using OmniAudit Log Viewer, you can quickly and easily sift through the compiled audit log history in a number of ways. Filter audit log data on date/time, table/column, user, workstation…any of the key variables tracked by OmniAudit. Audit log data can be exported to standard file formats including text, Excel and XML.
audit, audit trail, data auditing, database management, database, sql server, mssql, change log, change history, 21 cfr part 11, sarbanes-oxley, hipaa, hippa
| Freeware alternatives OmniAudit 1.12|
| Free Download OmniAudit 1.12 from krell-software.com|