|Rascal enhances your dial-up session management and keeps your connection alive by simulating network activity and restoring the connection if it is lost.|
Jul 1, 2013 15:33:57|
|OS||Windows XP, Windows Vista|
click for full size
More author software:
- Rasputin 3.25 Many Internet Service Providers (ISP) disconnect your computer when they detect a lack of Internet access for a certain amount of time. Rasputin simulates network activity to help keep your Internet connection alive.
- Filo 4.38 Filo enables you to edit file and folder properties. Simply drag files and folders from Explorer, drop them onto Filo and let the program modify their time and attributes according to your criteria.
|Show all author software|
Rascal is a broadband and dial-up connection manager that enhances your online experience with useful features not found in the standard Windows network tool. Rascal is fast, reliable and easy to use, making it a tool of choice for your DSL, Cable, VPN, ISDN and other dial-up connectivity needs.
Rascal helps you stay connected to the Internet by simulating network activity to fool idling detectors and by automatically restoring the connection if it is lost. A command line interface is available to run Rascal and control network connections remotely or from command prompts, scripts and batch processes. You can also set up audio alerts to be notified when a connection is opened or closed. Rascal provides you with information about your Internet sessions including network parameters, a calculation of your monthly fees, and a time log of how long you've been online for the current and previous session, day, week, month, and year.
For more demanding users, RascalPro supplements Rascal with the ability to schedule connection events, execute custom tasks when a connection is opened or closed, and log operations to a file for later reference. For instance, you can leave your computer and have RascalPro close the connection in your absence after a specified amount of time, perform late-night data transfers or run login and logout scripts.
Rascal works in the background while its tiny icon in the taskbar notification area changes its appearance to inform you about the current state of the program and its connection. You can quickly get online and offline by simply clicking on the icon.
If you need to keep a computer connected to the Internet without any human interaction, use our AppToService software to run Rascal or RascalPro as a Windows service that automatically reconnects the computer and monitors the connection following unattended reboots, without the need to log on.
basta, rascal, rascalpro, Internet, connection, monitor, keeper, pinger, stay, keep, alive, connected, automation, schedule, scheduler, batch, script, command line, manager, log, modem, DSL, Cable, ISDN, DUN, RAS, PPPoE, VPN, dial-up, IT, windows, 7, 64-b
5MB of free disk space.
Updated the software for Windows XP/2003 backward compatibility.
| Find last version of Rascal|
| Freeware alternatives Rascal 3.12|
| Free Download Rascal 3.12 from basta.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- RascalPro 3.15 RascalPro enhances your dial-up session management and keeps your connection alive by simulating network activity and restoring the connection if it is lost. Other features include
|Find all software similar on Rascal 3.12|
- Brother's keeper? 'No way!', says Xbox2 It is reported that sources close to top Microsoft executives have confirmed that the Xbox2 (or whatever they may name it later) will not be backward compatible with its predecessor the Xbox. Now, if this were to be true, then Xbox users would not be able
- DSL, Wi-Fi Chip Away at Cable Modem Market Share By the end of the decade, wireless broadband will join DSL and cable as a major player in the market-share battle according to new study by Visant Strategies.
|Find all news similar on Rascal 3.12|