|WinRK is a new high performance file archiver. Built from the ground up for the best compression and security. It supports a wide range of common archive formats, including ZIP, RAR, BZIP2 and more.|
Dec 26, 2011 12:07:13|
16 ( -2 -12.5% )|
|Languages||English, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese|
|OS||Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003|
click for full size
WinRK is a new high performance file archiver, supporting all the most common archive formats in use today: ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR, ACE and ISO. WinRK's ZIP support is fully compatible with both the Zip64 standard and the new WinZIP AES encryption standard. This means that ZIP files created with WinRK can take advantage of file and archive sizes of over 4GB, along with strong encryption capabilities. The ZIP deflate and deflate64 algorithms have been improved as well, providing 10-20% smaller archives in most cases, without loosing any compatibility!
WinRK also provides a new high performance RK archive format. This format was designed from the outset to remove many of the limitations of older archive formats, and so provides much better compression and security than other formats. It supports a virtually unlimited archive size, which makes it ideal for very large backups. It also provides compression options ranging from fast and efficient, all the way to a 'spare no cost' approach which provides the very best compression ratios in the world.
One of the most interesting innovations that WinRK brings to archiving is a modern user interface design. Many of the most popular archivers require unintuitive dialog boxes to be carefully navigated in order to add files to an archive, or even to extract files in some cases. WinRK provides a much more intuitive interface that treats archives in much the same way as a CD-burner treats CDs. This means that files may be scheduled to be removed from, or added to an archive at the same time so as to reduce the time taken actually performing the modifications. This can be especially important for very large archives. It also means that no restriction is placed on modifying archives, even for so called solid archives. Archives may have files removed or added at any time.
rk, zip, ace, rar, archiver, compression, bzip2, gzip, iso, compressor, WinRK
| Freeware alternatives WinRK v2.1.6|
| Free Download WinRK v2.1.6 from msoftware.co.nz|
Similar software shotlights:
- PeaZip 5.3.0 Free ZIP files utility, encrypt and split files, open and extract RAR, 7Z, ACE, CAB, BZ2, ISO, JAR, GZ, LHA, PAQ, PEA, sfx, TAR, ZIP/ZIPX files and many more archive types (150
- ALZip 7.52 Extract 36 and save 8 formats, one-click unzip through speed extractor, make self extractors (SFX, EXE), recover lost passwords, command line, easy enough for kids, powerful enough
|Find all software similar on WinRK v2.1.6|
- NetApp Locks Down Files With Archive Software LockVault allows a file to be saved along with information on how long it is to be retained for regulatory purposes and in a way that it cannot be deleted.
- New ISO Spec Helps Computers Reason A new software language promises to enable computers to reason more precisely -- rather than just respond to commands -- and thus better reflect subtleties intended by human operators.
|Find all news similar on WinRK v2.1.6|
Similar smart reviews:
- How to extract arc files? Archivers have been around for a couple of decades. Years ago, their primary purpose was to save scarce and expensive hard drive space. Today, when gigabytes are
- How to convert RAR file to ZIP file? RAR and ZIP are universally used archive types that have been competing for years. The key benefit of the RAR format is significantly better compression of many file
|Find all smart reviews similar on WinRK v2.1.6|