|Ham University (TM) helps you learn Morse code and prepare for your FCC Exams. It includes Morse code lessons, exercises and a neat game (Pentode(TM)) inspired by Tetris(R). For the written exam there is a training program plus practice exams.|
Jul 6, 2012 12:50:07|
|OS||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista|
click for full size
More author software:
- Crickler 1.10 Cricklers are a new type of word puzzle. Cricklers become easier or harder depending on the skill of the solver. Words are chosen by the designer -- the computer takes care of fitting them together. Clues and answers conveniently sit side by side.
- WordZap Deluxe 6.90 WordZap(R) 6.89 is a Shareware word game where you race your computer opponent to create the most unique words from a given set of letters. When opponents make the same word, it is Zapped from both lists. Keyboard input and beautiful graphics!
|Show all author software|
Ham University - Morse Training and Testing
QST Review by Dan Miller
Actual Morse code lessons are accessed by clicking on “Lessons.” You must first put a Lesson Plan together. This is easily accomplished following the directions guided by Morris the Cat—an animated cat who assists by describing each function the mouse pointer indicates. My favorite method is the “Exercise” approach done by copying with the keyboard. What you type is shown in the lower panel. At the end of the exercise, you can compare what you typed with the sent message displayed in the upper panel. Variables that you can manually adjust include speed in words per minute, character speed, message length and word length. In addition to all this, Ham University offers a Morse game called PENTODE. The object is to build a large number of points in a short period of time. These points are received by connecting two or more tiles (the more the better), each containing the same character, as a diode (side by side), triode, tetrode or pentode. Personally, I found the game far less exciting than the speed exercise to copy Morse on the keyboard in the shortest possible time.
Ham University is an excellent tool for anyone wishing to use a computer to study for an Amateur Radio license, regardless of which level they wish to pursue. Of course, my recommendation is to use such a program in conjunction with a class. In the absence of such a class, Ham University provides everything you need to go from ground zero all the way to Amateur Extra…in the comfort of your own living room.
I’d be remiss in this review if I neglected to mention something else. Displayed at the top of each page of the instruction booklet is a flag of a foreign country. Next to the flag is the appropriate country name, accompanied by its latitude and longitude, CQ Zone number and call sign prefix. This is a very nice touch, adding to the educational and instructional factor of the Ham University program.
Ham Radio, Amateur Radio, FCC Exams, Morse Code, Game, Pentode, lessons, CW, Ham, Radio
64-bit and Windows 7 support
| Freeware alternatives Ham University 3.12|
| Free Download Ham University 3.12 from hamuniversity.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- Morse Mania 4.0.0 Morse Mania is a morse code tutor for the Macintosh. Morse Mania provides the following three modules to help you learn morse code: Learn Characters, Guess a Character, Copy
- Elmer 9.3.0 Elmer will help you study for your amateur radio exams. Elmer covers all elements, and prepares actual sample exams. Each exam is graded, and you get to see which questions you
|Find all software similar on Ham University 3.12|
- HL2 game source code thieves nabbed! Let's go back in time. The year is 2003. The source code for one of the most anticipated games of the decade, Valve Software's Half-Life 2, is stolen and posted online. Company CEO Gabe Newell has three words in response: "Well, this sucks", is all he can
- Radio Hams at Risk from Mains Broadband -Magazine Plans to send Internet broadband signalsdown mains electricity cables rather than telephone lines couldhit the radio hams whose transmissions were so vital in theaftermath of the Asian tsunami, New Scientist magazine reportedon Wednesday.
|Find all news similar on Ham University 3.12|
Similar smart reviews:
- Amateur Invest 2007, Market Game for the Rest of Us Market games with investments, securities, stocks, currencies, seem to be a mix of magic and science. Tons of terms, objects, graphs all
- STAR Exam 1.2, Friendly and Playful Examiner Presumably, the best type of teachers are those who know how to use games in their work. Of course, this doesnt mean things like «when you are
|Find all smart reviews similar on Ham University 3.12|