ECTACO English Russian Talking Partner Specialized Oil and Gas Industry Dictionary for Windows 2.3.31
( View screenshot )
Talking Partner Dictionary for Windows provides bidirectional word translation and synthesis of speech. Vocabulary size is 400,000 words/phrases. One of its remarkable features is the ability to pronounce words.
Description: Talking Partner Dictionary for Windows provides bidirectional word translation and synthesis of speech.
The dictionary is easy to install on a desktop computer. One of its remarkable features is voice function, i.e. the ability to pronounce words. Now you don't have to check the transcription, merely select the word and with one click make the speech synthesizer pronounce it for you.
The synthesizer (Text-to-Speech engine) is based on a new approach to speech synthesis, i.e. on formanta synthesis, which creates a human vocal tract simulation by modeling sounds of a national language.
- Pronunciation of all the listed English and Spanish words. The function is developed on the basis of the TTS (Text-to-Speech) technology.
- User vocabulary: the user's own dictionary is compiled by adding and editing dictionary entries
- Instant translation of a text fragment, quick paste function: merely select the text fragment for import from an application and press hotkeys Ctrl+Insert+Insert. The text fragment will be automatically inserted in the input line and the most relevant dictionary entry will be displayed.
- Parts of speech filter. This function makes the dictionary process only translations belonging to the selected parts of speech.
- English Grammar Module. The Module includes grammar rules divided into 3 sections - Parts of Speech, Verbs and Sentence. The first section describes nouns, articles, prepositions, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns and numerals. In the section "Verbs" you can find rules referring to tenses of verbs, special verb forms. The "Sentence" section is devoted to statements and commands, questions and negations. The Module is a great aid for the English grammar study.
Honda Enhances Speech-Recognition System Honda Motor Co., with help from partner IBM Corp., is preparing to introduce an improved speech-recognition system that will allow drivers to get voice navigation guidance without having to manually punch in any information or take their eyes off the road