|Imports gridded data into MS-MapPoint, to produce attractive data maps.
Input data is defined with geographic coordinates, allowing plots such as seismic hazard, customer/population distribution, etc. Various text formats and coordinates supported.|
Dec 26, 2011 12:07:47|
|OS||Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista|
click for full size
More author software:
- MPMileCharter 3.1 Calculate Mileage Charts and Tables with Microsoft MapPoint. Calc. tables for customers and suppliers incl. "closest only", or to create "road atlas" tables. Output Distances, travel times and/or estimated costs to Excel. Supports ALL route options.
|Show all author software|
Imports gridded data into Microsoft MapPoint, to produce attractive data maps that resemble contour maps.
Input data consists of a value that is defined for various (gridded) geographic coordinates. Common text output formats such as CSV are supported.
Can handle imperfect data, holes, re-gridding, etc. Can be used to import such attributes as pollution data, seismic hazard, geological information, customer/population distribution, etc.
Data can be interpolated to different grid spacings if required. Polygon optimization algorithms reduce the drawing time, as well as GridImp's cpu & memory requirements.
Various text formats supported using space, tab, or comma separators with both Unix and DOS/Windows newline conventions. Data coordinates can be longitude,latitude coordinates; custom linear coordinates; or UK Ordnance Survey Grid References.
GridImp can add data to an existing map or template; allowing it to be used with such products as the Single State Mapper or other MapPoint add-ins.
Predefined or user-defined color schemes can be used. These can include transparent 'gaps' as well as attractive color gradations.
Version 2.3 adds: Support for Windows Vista (32 bit).
Version v2.2 adds: Support for Microsoft MapPoint 2006.
Version v2.0 adds: Support for Ordnance Survey Grid References; Support for custom linear grids; support for existing map files; ability to force MapPoint garbage collection for large maps (reduces MapPoint's memory requirements, and increases speed).
Requires: Microsoft MapPoint v2002,2004, or 2006. Both MapPoint Europe and North America are supported.
grid, area data, data, plot, science, geography, mapping, MapPoint, maps, GIS, contour
Must have Microsoft MapPoint installed.
Bug fix: 10 or more columns now supported
| Find last version of GridImp|
| Freeware alternatives GridImp 2.4|
| Free Download GridImp 2.4 from mapping-tools.com|
- Top Researchers Ask Web Users to Join Science Grid IBM and top scientific researchorganizations are joining forces in a humanitarian effort totap the unused power of millions of computers and help solvecomplex social problems.
- Google Maps Tinkerers Make Demographic Data Come Alive Geeks, tinkerers and innovators are crashing the Google party, having discovered how to tinker with the search engine's mapping service to graphically illustrate vital information that might otherwise be ignored, overlooked or not perceived as clearly.
|Find all news similar on GridImp 2.4|
Similar smart reviews:
- Rt-Plot The Mathematics is a queen of all sciences. Every person has made a plot, whether that was at school or at the University, at the office
- Graham Process Mapping A lot of companies these days realize that conventional management is not efficient enough anymore and switch to process-driven workflow management. Lean Six Sigma and Theory of
|Find all smart reviews similar on GridImp 2.4|