Description: DVdriver runs in conjunction with multiple webcam software applications simultaneously. It lets your camcorder act like a webcam that has optical zoom, auto focus, stereo sound, auto stabilizing, night vision, high quality optics, and more, depending on your camcorder. Control zoom, focus, recording, and optionally pan/tilt with your PC locally and over the internet.
- Broadcast camcorder video on the web using webcam software.
- Videoconference with software like NetMeeting.
- Send camcorder video to instant messaging buddies with webcam-enabled IM software like Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger.
- Run many apps at once: Feed your camcorder's video to several webcam applications simultaneously.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom control: Digitally zoom in and out. Shift the field of view in any direction. Control optical zoom of Canon ZR and compatible cameras.
- PowerPod control: With a PowerPod robotic camcorder base, control pan (160 degrees) and tilt (110 degrees) from DVdriver.
MWSF: LaCie intros real-time DV to MPEG encoder LaCie will show at Macworld Conference & Expo a new tool for users to aid in DVD creation. The LaCie FastCoder allows people to convert DV NTSC video files to MPEG-1 and/or MPEG-2 in real-time using a G3-equipped Mac or higher.