Metronome and Polyhythm player 3.0
( View screenshot )
|This tool is especially useful for rhythm practice, study and explorations. It introduces many capabilities not normally found in metronomes - such as polyrhythms, long bars, syncopated rhythms & so on. It does all that in an easy and intuitive way.|
Sep 13, 2011 19:57:36|
|OS||Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows CE|
click for full size
More author software:
- Virtual Flower 1.2 Create flowers and geometrical patterns in 3D. Watch them grow or unfold.
A swirling pattern of stars suddenly coalesces into a geodesic sphere
with the points gracefully touching. Save as VRML,
animated jpegs, flash movies, or animation frames.
- Work Log & Activity Timer 1.0 Find out how many hours you spend on projects. Musical alarms. Eye protection reminders. Databases with details of work times for each day. Tray icon with pie chart to show amount of time in current session. Teach Work log to speak your language.
|Show all author software|
This tool is especially useful for rhythm practice and explorations. It introduces many capabilities not normally found in metronomes - such as polyrhythms, long bars, syncopated rhythms and so on. You can play all those in an easy and intuitive way - with no need for music notation.
You can play simple and compound rhythms with any number of beats to the bar. You can play any number of rhythms simultaneously to build up polyrhythms - such as three and four beats played simultaneously in the same bar, as is common in African and Indian music. You can also play long bars (hypermeasures) - repeating sequences of different metrical units, even polyrhythmic long bars.
You can also script your metronome. This lets you set it to slowly increase or decrease in tempo automatically, or change rhythm after so many bars, change the instruments, and so on.
Other features include: vary the timing and volume continuously within the bar to give it more of a natural feel. Adjust volumes and times of individual beats by hand. Get a groove from a recording - either automatically or click on the starts of the notes by hand in the audio recording.
Play 5/4, 7/4 etc with the division where you like, using additive rhythms (examples included in the drop list of preset rhythms).
You can use a different midi instrument for each rhythm in a polyrhythm, or to bring out the subdivisions for compound time - or indeed, polyrhythmic compound time. You can also play the beats on melodic instruments, for instance to make pitched metronomes.
The script is easy to use, click on any control to add its instruction to the script - then adjust the time to play it, or with the morph instruction increase or decrease the tempo etc.
Finally, you can use your rhythm to make fractal tunes in the Player or Composer tasks - and by adapting one of the tunes with chords, fit them to a chord progression.
After you download Tune Smithy, look for the Metronome and Polyrhythms task.
polyrhythm, rhythm, long bar, metronome, additive rhythm, compound time, music software, music beats, music tempo, simple time, beats, beats per minute, polyrhythmic, groove, rhythm player, polyrhythm metronome, digital metronome, buy metronome, interactive metronome
You can now adjust the beats of the bar individually, also volumes. Rhythms scriptable e.g. rhythms that gradually speed up or slow down, vary in volume, change instrument after so many bars, and so on. Additive rhythms (hypermeasures). Get rhythm from a recording. Auto convert to fractal tune.
| Freeware alternatives Metronome and Polyhythm player 3.0|
| Free Download Metronome and Polyhythm player 3.0 from robertinventor.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- Bounce Metronome 4.5 The bounce is wonderfully relaxing, and precise. Professional musicians are amazed by its advanced rhythm capabilities including all time signatures (even odd time), swing
|Find all software similar on Metronome and Polyhythm player 3.0|
- Napster giving away digital music players Music download service Napster has is giving away free digital music players as part of its ongoing battle for dominance in the legitimate music download market.
- Sony Launches Digital Music Player Sony (NYSE: SNE) has announced its first hard-disk drive-based digital music player under the the Walkman brand. The product launch, which marks the 25th anniversary of the introduction of the Walkman, could pose a serious challenge to Apple's (Nasdaq: AA
|Find all news similar on Metronome and Polyhythm player 3.0|