|Arpoon Checksum computes checksums of files. A checksum (message digest, hash value) is a kind of fingerprint that enables to uniquely identify a file or document. This can be used for authentication purposes or to track document modifications.|
Dec 26, 2011 12:07:36|
|OS||Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista|
click for full size
Arpoon Checksum computes checksums of files. A checksum (message digest, hash value) is a kind of fingerprint that enables to uniquely identify a file or document. This can be used for authentication purposes or to track document modifications.
By way of example, this tool can be utilized to:
* uniquely identify a given file, thus using the checksum as a fingerprint.
* survey a file i.e. to check if a file as been modified by comparing its actual checksum with a previously archived value.
* look for possible duplicate of files by scanning hardware storage devices (hard disk, DVD, CD, memory sticks...)
* verify the authenticity i.e. genuineness of a fingerprinted document that has been sent to you (e.g. as an EMail attachment or by way of a download) by comparing its on-the-fly computed checksum with its stored fingerprint.
* Drag&Drop of files or directories
* Recursive calculation for directories strucutres (optional)
* Result list can be sorted (ascending/descending) by every single checksum type
* Link to files can be resolved (optional)
* Hash values can be displayed as hexadecimal or as a MIME-compatible base64 code
* Display of detailled file properties like attributes, size, date of creation...
* Result list may be exported to the clipboard or saved as CSV or HTML files
* During long run calculation, the computing progression is displayed
* Statistics on computation (average speed rate, file size ...) are automatically collected
* A warning message may be displayed before a time consuming computation is started
* Multiple files computation may be aborted during the calculation
* Checksum calculation for a very big files may be aborted too
* All options are maintened in an Ini-file, which is automatically saved in the current user's application data directory, allowing a per user configuration
MD5, CRC32, Adler, SHA1, MD4, MD2, RIPE 160, SHA256, ELF, Message-Digest, Checksum, compute, File, Fingerprint, Identification, Authentication
new export function, bugfixes, extended functionality
| Free Download Arpoon Checksum 1.6 from arpoon.de|
Similar software shotlights:
- DivHasher 1.2 Hashing and checksum operations for text or files. Algorithms for calculation: MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256
- Iside 4.2.1020 Iside is a message digest, hash code computing tool. It can be used for file integrity checking. It also compares files and folders by computing their hash code
|Find all software similar on Arpoon Checksum 1.6|