StartEd helps you to manage Programs which load from the Registry and as System Services. It lets you modify, backup and Startup and detects more than 150 Trojan Horses. You can also uninstall programs directly from StartEd.
Sep 13, 2011 19:57:36
English, German, French, Spanish
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista
GetDiz 4.5 Many downloadable ZIP archives have DIZ and NFO files included within them. GetDiz is a freeware Notepad replacement which can display ASCII art correctly while maintaining an incredible speed, ease of use and small size.
StartEd 5.20 StartEd helps you to manage Programs which load from the Registry and as System Services. It lets you modify, backup and Startup and detects more than 150 Trojan Horses. You can also uninstall programs directly from StartEd.
Description: StartEd is a tool which helps you to control your Windows startup process. It recognizes startup programs which are either obsolete or memory hogs. You can safely disable such items in order to increase your computer's performance. StartEd detects also more than 150 Trojan Horses, the most destructive and dangerous species of computer viruses. It allows you to backup and restore your startup configurations. StartEd displays detailed info about the functionality of every System Service so that even novice users are able to manage their startup configuration. A warning message will be displayed when a System Service vital for your computer's stability is about to get disabled. You get also the ability to uninstall programs directly from StartEd.
StartEd Pro is a $19 shareware. A freeware edition of StartEd (for private and educational usage) is available as a separate download.
What can you do with StartEd?
- View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your program startup configuration
- Backup and Restore of your startup configurations
- Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs
- Manage System Services with detailed notes and description
- See new startup items since last StartEd use
- Show detailed information about every startup entry
- Launch files
- Uninstall programs
- Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
- Print out and copy startup list to clipboard
- StartEd recognizes more than 150 Trojan Horses in the Startup configuration and displays a warning message