Simple Network Tester's unique browser-based user interface makes testing easier than ever. Measures available bandwidth, network latency, and voice or video quality of service by sending test data between any two PCs on your network.
Jun 23, 2012 12:45:48
Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista
Rider 2.1 Measure network bandwidth, response time and streaming data (voice and video) between any two PCs in your network from your office. Rider's web page user interface even lets you save tests to run again as bookmarks. Easy to use and low cost.
Description: Simple Network Tester makes network testing easier than ever. Measure network performance by sending test data between agents installed on any two Windows PCs. Tests cover:
* Available bandwidth
* Response time or latency
* Voice and video streaming quality
Simple Network Tester's unique web-page user interface makes remote network testing as easy as browsing the web. Tests are saved as normal browser bookmarks. This means you can consolidate all your tests in a single document, email them to other people to run, or create a troubleshooting page on your company's intranet.
Simple Network Tester is also a convenient traffic generator. You can use it alongside other network testing tools. You can send data through your network between any number of pairs of PCs without requiring cooperation from anyone at those remote locations.
Simple Network Tester is quick and easy to install: where your users work, in each remote location, and alongside your web, email and application servers.
* Test connectivity and measure data transfer rates.
* Measure how long it takes for a packet to travel to and from your most remote location.
* Check the quality of voice and video by testing for jitter, packet drops, and out of order packets.
* Document benefits from network improvements by creating before and after test scenarios.
What's New? We're proud to announce the release of version 3.0 on February 13, 2008. Version 3.0 adds many new features and recommended bug fixes. Along with a new, streamlined user interface, you get:
* Streaming tests now simulate a "jitter buffer" which accumulates and re-orders incoming packets. Along with all new high-precision timing code you can better simulate VoIP calls and video presentations.
* Quality of service. You can optionally set the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) and the 802.1p priority bits on all traffic streams (file copy, latency test, streaming.)
VE Network Catcher (Lite) 4.5 Network Catcher, from Shunra Software, is a free network monitoring tool that records and displays latency and packet loss between your PC and any internet site. Use this freeware