CurTiPot Acid-Base pH and Titration 3.5.4
( View screenshot )
|All-in-one freeware for pH and equilibrium calculations, real data analysis and simulation of titration curves of acids, bases, salts and buffers (from simple solutions to complex mixtures) with interpolation, smoothing and nonlinear regression.|
Sep 13, 2011 19:57:36|
|OS||Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista|
|Author||Ivano G. R. Gutz||
click for full size
A pH Calculator, a Virtual Titrator, a Real Titration Data Analyzer, a Distribution Diagram Generator - that's CurTiPot, the all-in-one freeware to learn, teach and work with chemical equilibrium of acids, bases, salts and buffers at home, classroom, interactive "dry lab", routine or research laboratory. Features of this powerful suite of MS Excel spreadsheets embrace:
* pH calculation of any aqueous solution of strong and weak acids, bases, salts, buffers and mixtures of up to 7 polyprotic systems (>40 species), with buffer capacity and activity coefficient estimation;
* Simulation and overlay of acid-base titration curves of any complexity, with or without random errors in pH and/or volume. Valuable for teaching, generation of unlimited titration exercises and evaluation of the feasibility and accuracy of new titrations.
* Analysis of pH vs. volume data from simulated and real potentiometric titration curves by two methods: i) graphical representation of curves, assisted by cubic splines interpolation and smoothing of derivative curves, for accurate evaluation of inflections (end-points); ii) determination of concentrations and refinement of pKa values by multiple nonlinear regression (based on the Solver supplement of Excel), essential for difficult titrations with undefined inflections, e.g., acid rain.
* Generation of acid-base species distribution diagrams and curves of buffer capacity, protonation level and average charge as a function of pH and added volume of titrant, with isoelectric point detection.
* Expandable database with pKa values of 250 acids and bases.
Simply unzip the curtipot_.xls file, open it with Microsoft Excel, enable macros and start learning, working and teaching. No install/uninstall required, all macros are removed by closing the file. The software is completely free for educational and non-commercial not-for-profit use.
pH, acid, base, buffer, titration, potentiometry, electrode, equivalence point, inflection, dissociation constant, protonation, simulation, hydrolysis, analytical chemistry, chemical equilibrium, amino acid, calculator, hydronium
Microsoft Excel (1997 to 2007)
New alerts for cases of pH calculation with lesser accuracy; Mean (average) charge calculation and plot vs. pH with detection of isoelectric point (pI or IEP).
| Free Download CurTiPot Acid-Base pH and Titration 3.5.4 from iq.usp.br|
- OpenOffice Confirms Buffer Overflow Flaw Users of the open-source office desktop productivity suite are at risk of code execution attacks. OpenOffice.org says a patch will be available in the next two days.
- The Busted Buffer Buffer overflows are a common weapon in the attacker's arsenal. In a basic buffer overflow, the attacker sends a specially crafted attack to a computer running software that's known to be vulnerable to buffer overflows. This specially crafted attack has m
|Find all news similar on CurTiPot Acid-Base pH and Titration 3.5.4|