|Save you data before HDD failure destroys it. SIGuardian uses S.M.A.R.T technology to accurately predict the date when a hard-drive is no longer safe to use. This tool is also capable of monitoring HDD temperature and alerting you over the network.|
Dec 26, 2011 12:08:33|
|Languages||English, German, Italian, Japanese|
|OS||Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003|
click for full size
More author software:
- HDD Temperature 1.4.206 HDD Temperature is monitoring software that protects your hard-drives from getting overheated. Temperature Pro can monitor multiple HDDs, work as network service and send e-mail alerts to the system administrators.
|Show all author software|
Learn about HDD failure BEFORE it happens and save your valuable data. SIGuardian uses S.M.A.R.T technology built in every modern hard-drive to accurately predict the date when using a particular hard-drive is no longer safe.
S.M.A.R.T. stands for Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology. Every time the hard-drive is started, it performs a self-checkup and records a certain value for each of its attributes (properties). The values range between 0 (non-functioning) to 250 (excellent condition). The average value for most attributes is 100. When the safety threshold is crossed (20 for most attributes), it means that a hard-drive is unstable and you should back up your data.
SIGuardian displays all HDD attribute values, whether they are safe and not, real-time. This tool is also capable of monitoring HDD temperature and alerting you over the network or via e-mail when overheating or failure possibility is diagnosed. You don’t have to monitor HDD condition – the program can do it itself.
The program works in two modes. The first one is attribute check upon startup. In this mode, the program compares previous attribute values to the new ones and, if the are unchanged, automatically closes itself. Likewise, if SIGuardian discovers that some attribute value is lower, you will be alerted.
In the second mode, this software application is continuously running and checks for the attribute values periodically according to the user specified intervals.
While the program is simple and straightforward enough to be used by any computer user at home or office, SIGuardian comes with special features that make it an ideal tool for monitoring multiple hard-drives. The program is very easy to deploy over networks of any size. In addition, SIGuardian is capable of supplying other HDD information, such as standards supported, speed modes, current working mode, to name a few.
Download your FREE trial version and never worry about HDD failures again.
SIGuardian, S.M.A.R.T., failure, predict, prognosys, HDD, hard, drive, disk, T.E.C., smartvsd.vxd, SMART, TEC, lifetime, ide, guardian, guard
16Mb RAM, 1Mb HDD
+ New localization engine!
+ New setup engine - now based on Windows Installer (msi) technology,so network deployment are more easy and can be made using many other tools!
+ Dicsount on purchase during first or second day after install added.
+ Changes in version numbering - now build number used as third number in version.
* bug in UI – language combobox, mouse cursor changed to hand. Fixed.
* web update – error not found information. Fixed.* Trial reminder – removed.
* Beta versions expire date – removed.
* Fixed bug in localization – East-European languages (for example Japan) doesn’t show correctly. Fixed.
* bug in UI – checkbox in Internet autoupdate check don’t save it status. Fixed.
* Internet check for update – now calling after show SIGuardian main window.
* Internet check for update – now no any error boxes if newer version not found.
* Personal settings for each HDD – don’t work. No any HDDs displayed in the left pane. Fixed.
* Web update check – asks user before.
| Find last version of SIGuardian|
| Freeware alternatives SIGuardian 1.7.335|
| Free Download SIGuardian 1.7.335 from siguardian.com|