|With CallbackDisk component you can create and manage virtual disk devices within the software application that you develop and expose these disks to Windows as if they were real disk devices. The disks become visible to all processes in the system.|
Feb 6, 2013 14:23:49|
|OS||Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista|
click for full size
More author software:
- SecureBlackbox VCL 10.0 SecureBlackbox is a comprehensive component collection that adds SFTP, FTPS, SSH, PGP, PDF, XML, SSL/TLS, HTTPS, PKI, ZIP, EDI, Cloud security support to your Windows or Linux application. This is VCL edition (for Delphi, C++Builder, FreePascal).
- SecureBlackbox .NET 9.0 SecureBlackbox.NET is a comprehensive component collection that adds SFTP, FTPS, SSH, PGP, PDF, XML security, S/MIME, SSL/TLS, HTTPS, PKI, ZIP, EDI, Cloud, WebDAV, Office security support to your .NET, Silverlight, Mono or .NET CF application.
|Show all author software|
With CallbackDisk component you can create and manage virtual disk devices within the software application that you develop and expose these disks to Windows as if they were real disk devices. The disks become visible to all processes in Windows.
Virtual disk is the one that has a file system on it, but is not physically located on a disk partition. The storage can be actually located in a file residing on a local disk, or in application resources, or in memory, or somewhere at a remote location. The important part is that this disk is visible to the user (and to other applications) as if it were a formatted hard disk partition.
CallbackDisk provides a kernel-mode driver, which calls your application when it needs to perform reading or writing to the disk. And your application can store the actual disk data anywhere it needs: in memory, over the net etc.
Virtual disk can be needed, when
* the application stores some data internally (in resources or in supplementary files) and it needs to use some library, which can only work with file located within a system-wide file system. The examples include DirectX libraries, Flash player, many third-party components.
* the application must hide presence of the disk from the user, while keeping it (the disk) available for some applications
* and more ...
virtual, disk, drive, driver, device, kernel, mode, user, callback
Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Server support.
| Freeware alternatives CallbackDisk 3.0|
| Free Download CallbackDisk 3.0 from eldos.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- SolFS Driver Edition SDK 1.5 With Solid File System Driver SDK your application can create a virtual disk, accessible for all or chosen applications. The disk contents can be stored in a file, in resource
- FIPS Encryption Protection for Files, USB Sticks, USB Drives, CD-ROMs, DVDs and Endpoint Security 126.96.36.1995 DeltaCrypt FIPS Encryption Protection (RSA keys, AES Rijndael algorithm, FIPS 140-2 validation) to secure sensitive files and folders on computer hard drives, laptops, network
|Find all software similar on CallbackDisk 3.0|
- Users demand more for less from disk storage Demand for storage disk increased by almost 40 per cent year on year in the first three months of 2004 but spending increased by just 6.5 per cent over the same period, new research has found.
- Study: Internet Users Taking Virtual Tours Internet users are traveling across the world from their living rooms: A new study finds that 45 percent of adult American online users have taken advantage of features that permit virtual tours of another location.
|Find all news similar on CallbackDisk 3.0|