|Test communication with remote computer and check its online status over the Internet with free and visual Ping tool for Windows. SI Ping gives clearly legible and well formatted ping results by providing easy to understand and well explained numbers|
Dec 26, 2011 12:06:53|
|OS||Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows CE|
click for full size
More author software:
- WinCatalog Light 2.6 WinCatalog Light is an easy to use yet powerful CD cataloger that can be used for cataloging disks and files. Using WinCatalog you can quickly find a needed file in your disk collection, even without inserting any removable disks into the drives.
- GetColor! - Color Picker 1.01 GetColor! allows you to retrieve the color of any pixel on your desktop easily: just move the eyedropper tool into any place of your desktop and GetColor! will show you the color value!
|Show all author software|
Test communication with remote computer and check its online status over the Internet with free and visual Ping tool for Windows.
What did your mom do when you got sick being a kid? Most probably the first thing she did was giving you a thermometer to check your body heat. If you are trying to access a remote computer and are not getting a response, chances are that computer is not functioning properly. In other words, it might be sick. But how would you give a thermometer to that PC?
There is a free tool called ping.exe that comes with most versions of Windows. You can use this tool to poke the remote PC and check its response. To use ping.exe, you would typically invoke a command line, which would open a black console window, and type ping.exe followed with IP address of the computer you want to check. Usually you would get a response right in the console window in a matter of seconds. You would judge - or, rather, guess, - the remote computer's health by the cryptic numbers printed as decimal integers. If the remote computer is not available, or if the network is not available, or if some link or a piece of hardware in between you and the remote PC has failed, you'll get nothing. It is up to you to guess what and where have failed.
SI Ping, on the other hand, gives clearly legible and well formatted output by providing easy to understand and well explained numbers. It displays all the vital information, such as time to access the remote computer, in milliseconds, and allows you to ping more than one computer by simply selecting their address from a combo box. Thanks to its user-friendly, convenient user interface, SI Ping is much more convenient to use than the Windows ping.exe.
SoftInstitute releases well-designed, simple to use products that help computer users solve one particular problem. Our products are free, and typically perform just one task, such as ping, trace route, or lookup, but do it in a convenient manner.
ping, visual ping, lookup, traceroute, ping remote computer, ping ip address, check online, online status, icmp, ping.exe, windows ping, free ping, freeware ping, free visual ping
PC with Internet connection
| Free Download SI Ping 1.0 from softinstitute.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- SI Trace 1.0 Test communications with remote computer and determine the route packets travel across an IP network between your PC and the remote host. Classic traceroute wrapped into a much
- SI NetworkMechanics 1.0 Get Ping, Traceroute, IP Lookup, regular Whois and Referral Whois tools in a single convenient package! SI Network Mechanics offers great ergonomics, quick keyboard operation and
|Find all software similar on SI Ping 1.0|
- Feds ask state to check computer servers LITTLE ROCK (AP) The appearance in a state computer of files containing texts and images that apparently originated with the terrorist group al-Qaeda prompted the federal Homeland Security Department to wonder about the security of other state ...
- SGI Turns to Linux With New Visual Computer Line Silicon Graphics launches a line of Linux-based high-end graphics computers running on Intel's Itanium 2 processors.
|Find all news similar on SI Ping 1.0|