|Phantom CD is a virtual CD/DVD drive. Mount your CD/DVD image files in Windows. Use disc images for your CD and DVD backup. Enjoy reading speed up to 200 times faster than a physical disc, allowing your application and games to start and run faster.|
Dec 26, 2011 12:06:22|
|OS||Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows CE|
click for full size
More author software:
- River Past Video Slice 5.3 Trim or split videos from 3GPP/3GPP2, ASF, AVI, DAT, DivX, DV, MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, RM/RAM, WMV, and Xvid to AVI, WMV, DivX, XviD, or DV. Frame accurate. Preview video to set the exact frame. Easy to use operations to set the trim and split timecode
- River Past Video Cleaner 7.3 Easy-to-use video converter software. Convert from 3GPP/3GPP2, ASF, AVI, DAT, DivX, DV, FLC/FLI animation, animated GIF, IVF, Matroska MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, OGG Media OGM, RM/RAM and WMV to animate GIF, AVI, MOV, WMV, DivX, XviD, DV, MKV, OGM, MP4.
|Show all author software|
Phantom CD is a FREE virtual CD/DVD drive.
Use disc images for your CD and DVD backup. Replace your physical discs to avoid wear and tear on your optical drive, and to avoid disc problems resulted from heat, scratch, and dirt. Enjoy reading speed up to 200 times faster than a physical disc, allowing your application and games to start and run faster.
CD-R/RW, and DVD+-R/RW discs have a life span of two to five years. Optical discs commonly used for burning have a recording surface consisting of a layer of dye that can be damaged by heat. The degradation process can result in the data "shifting" on the surface and thus becoming unreadable to the laser beam.
To avoid burning your CD's every few years, copy the CD and DVD's to ISO or BIN/CUE disc images to your hard drive.
Hard drives have their limitations too. However, when you upgrade, it is much easier and faster to copy dozens or even hundreds of disc image files to a new hard drive than to burn dozens of new CD's.
While the speed of computer processor still doubles every two years, we still have to suffer through the slow reading speed of the optical drives. They spin and buzz, and finally open the files we want. Want to open the next file? That's another round of waiting.
Virtual discs give you up to 200 times the speed of an optical drive. Openning a file on a virtual disc is no different from openning a file on the hard drive.
Use Phantom CD to mount ISO and BIN/CUE disc image files. It appears as a DVD or CD disc in Windows, and you use it as if it is a real CD/DVD drive.
Phantom, CD, virtual, driver, DVD, ISO, disc, image, BIN, CUE
Windows XP, 2003, Vista
Supports VDD files created by Phantom Burner 1.5.
Emulate large images as Blue-ray and DVD ROM.
| Find last version of Phantom CD|
| Free Download Phantom CD 2.0 from download.phantombility.com|
Similar software shotlights:
- PowerISO 6.9 PowerISO is a powerful ISO file processing tool, which allows you to open,extract,create,edit,compress,encrypt,split and convert ISO files, and mount them with internal virtual
- Phantom Burner 2.0 Phantom Burner is a virtual Blu-ray BD-RE/DVD+RW/CD-R burner drive. It allows you create BD/DVD/CD disc image files from any disc burning software, and mount them later as
|Find all software similar on Phantom CD 2.0|
- Virus With Bin Laden Images Unleashed On Net Washington, July 25 (NNN): Security experts have warned that a virus purporting to show images of Al-Qaeda Terror Network kingpin Osama bin Laden's suicide has been unleashed onto the internet.
- New Hybrid Disc Offers CD-DVD Combination Recording companies looking to wring more profits out of music sales are hoping to sell retailers on a new hybrid disc. On one side is standard CD audio; on the other, the enhanced sound, video and other media capabilities of a DVD.
|Find all news similar on Phantom CD 2.0|