|Tembo: Easy and Effective File Search. The job of Tembo is to make searching (and finding) of documents, mail messages, bookmarks, ... as easy as possible.|
Sep 14, 2017 20:49:20|
|Languages||English, German, French|
More author software:
- HoudahSpot 4.3.4 HoudahSpot is a versatile and easy-to-use desktop search tool for Mac. It combines the speed of Spotlight with precise search criteria, flexible results display and previews to help finding the right document, email message, photo or video file.
|Show all author software|
Tembo: Easy and Effective File Search. Tembo finds files, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images ... .
Tembo shows results grouped by file type. Initially the top 10 matches for each group are shown. Often enough you will find the sought for file right here.
Drill-down into a group reveals up to 10'000 results alongside context-sensitive filters. These help narrow down the results list. The 'Messages' group, for example, has filters on subject, sender and recipient. The 'Images' group has filters for resolution and file type.
Thus Tembo is much more than a file search tool.
It works as an extension to Mail or iChat to locate messages.
As extension to Safari to search browsing history and bookmarks, ...
Why use Tembo rather than Spotlight or the Finder?
- You'll be faster to find the files you are looking for
- Easy to use interface
- Grouped search results
- Up to 10'000 results in each group
- Context-sensitive filters
What filters are available?
- Bookmarks: Type, URL Domain
- Documents: File Type
- Fonts: File Type
- Images: Resolution, File Type
- Messages: Subject, From, To
- Movies: File Type, Codec
- Music: Artist, File Type
- PDF Documents: Author
- Source Code: File Type
Which files can Tembo find?
Tembo is based upon the Spotlight index and engine. Tembo can find any file indexed by Spotlight.
This includes files in the Library folders. This excludes many low level system files.
Mac, OSX, macOS, search, find, file, spotlight, grouped, results, preview, filters, mail, messages, sender, recipient, recent, fresh, sierra, tempo
OS X 10.10 Yosemite through macOS 10.12 Sierra. Spotlight enabled
* File label colors now closely match those seen in Finder
* Fixes a crashing bug in grid view
* File renaming now accepts file names containing a forward slash character
* Corrections to the German and French language versions
| Freeware alternatives Tembo 2.1.4|
| Free Download Tembo 2.1.4 from https:|