itKeyboard is an on-screen virtual keyboard. With itKeyboard you can input text to any Windows application. It is perfectly suited to the needs of public terminals and can make it a lot easier for people with disabilities to use the computer.
Description: itKeyboard is a fully functional replacement for a standard keyboard. The program works with any Windows application (Web browser, text editor, e-mail client, etc.) and it enables the user to enter every character available via standard keyboard, including national characters. itKeyboard can be used with a touch screen or any other pointing device such as a mouse or a touch pad.
- ease of use
- customizable user interface and functionality with dynamic reconfiguration
- various keyboard modes e.g. a numeric keypad or kiosk version
- various keyboard skins
- enabling / disabling hide and close buttons
- keyboard transparency both in normal state and during movement
- zoom in /zoom out
- automatic keyboard hiding after defined idle time
- fixed keyboard location (user cannot move the keyboard window)
- custom initial location of the keyboard window
- icon representing the keyboard in the system tray
- optional floating window shown when the keyboard is hidden
- key combinations blocking e.g. CTRL + ALT + DEL (except Vista)
Hot Virtual Keyboard 8.4 Create Your Own Virtual Keyboard. Hot Virtual Keyboard makes previous-generation on-screen keyboards look ancient. Type faster with configurable mouse gestures, launch programs
Cingular Makes Phone for Vision-Impaired A new cellular application promises to help vision-impaired people who can't read the screen of a mobile phone. It responds to spoken commands with voice recognition technology and reads back menu options, text messages, and other information to the user.